Jackets, sweaters, coats, etc.
Any kind of jacket/coat/cardigan is OK if it meets regular dress code** rules
- May not be disruptive, distracting, or display offensive language/symbols
- School staff may ask students to remove jackets
- Any pullover garment that is worn all day (sweater, sweater vest, sweatshirt) should: Have a collar OR be worn with a collared uniform shirt or official school t-shirt underneath; Must be solid white, solid navy or hunter green
(school sweatshirts with no hoods are OK)
On very cold days, students who walk, bike, etc. may need to wear sweatpants, etc. over their school clothes on their way to and from school. However, any clothing that doesn’t meet dress code requirements must be removed before school begins.
Bottoms: Navy or Khaki/Tan
- Walking Shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers must be plain, solid navy or khaki/tan colored Twill.
- No Leggings
- No cargo pockets on pants or shorts will be permitted.
Tops: White, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green with collar or Sleepy Hill Elementary School Logo t-shirt.
- Must have long or short sleeves
- Shirts must be solid colored, knit polo-type, woven oxford dress shirt, or cotton blouse.
- School t-shirts are OK (available through school office)
The Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/ skirts, leggings, etc.
Other dress code rules:
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- Shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- Shorts, skirts , skorts and jumpers must be mid-thigh or longer
- Shoes must be closed toe and closed heel.
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules. For more information, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct for a copy of the student dress code.
For more specific information on the student dress code, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct.
**Polk County Public Schools Student Code of Conduct, Section 2.10.